Albuquerque Surge Protection Services
Whole-Home Surge Protection in Albuquerque and the Surrounding Areas
TruFlo Air LLC offers comprehensive surge protection services to safeguard your home and valuable electronics from the damaging effects of power surges. Power surges can be caused by various factors, including lightning strikes, utility grid fluctuations, or high-powered appliances cycling on and off. Without proper surge protection, these sudden voltage spikes can damage or destroy sensitive electronic devices, resulting in costly repairs or replacements.
Our team of skilled and licensed electricians will assess your property's unique needs and recommend suitable surge protection solutions. These may include whole-house surge protectors, which are installed at your electrical panel to protect your entire home, or point-of-use surge protectors for specific devices or circuits. By implementing a tailored surge protection strategy, TruFlo Air LLC ensures that your home and electronics are protected from unexpected voltage spikes, providing you with peace of mind and enhanced safety.
What Is a Power Surge?
A power surge is a sudden, brief increase in voltage within an electrical circuit, which can cause the flow of electricity to exceed normal levels. This spike in voltage can potentially damage or destroy electronic devices, appliances, and electrical systems connected to the circuit. Power surges typically last for a few microseconds to a few milliseconds, but their effects can be long-lasting and costly.
To protect your home and valuable electronics from the damaging effects of power surges, it's essential to implement surge protection measures, such as whole-house surge protectors or point-of-use surge protectors. These devices help mitigate the impact of voltage spikes and safeguard your electrical system and devices from potential damage.
Call our Albuquerque surge protection team at (888) 246-0785 or our El Paso team at (915) 228-3358 today for a free estimate and let our experienced professionals help you safeguard your home with our reliable surge protection services!
Types of Surge Protectors and How They Work
- Whole-House Surge Protectors: These devices are installed at your main electrical panel and protect your entire home from power surges originating both inside and outside. Whole-house surge protectors work by diverting excess voltage to the ground, preventing it from entering your home's electrical system. They are particularly effective in protecting against large surges, such as those caused by lightning strikes or utility grid fluctuations.
- Point-Of-Use Surge Protectors: Also known as surge protection strips or power strips, these devices are designed to protect specific electronics or appliances. They are plugged into a wall outlet, and your devices are then plugged into the surge protector. Point-of-use surge protectors work by absorbing excess voltage and dissipating it as heat, preventing it from reaching connected devices. Some models also include features like noise filtering or USB charging ports.
- Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS): A UPS is a device that combines surge protection with battery backup, ensuring that your devices remain operational during short power outages or voltage fluctuations. UPS units are commonly used with computers, servers, or other sensitive equipment that requires continuous power. In addition to surge protection, UPS devices regulate the voltage supplied to connected devices, ensuring a stable power supply.
- Surge Protection for Communication Lines: Surges can also travel through phone lines, coaxial cables, or ethernet cables, potentially damaging connected devices like modems, televisions, or computers. Surge protectors specifically designed for communication lines help shield these devices from voltage spikes by redirecting excess energy to the ground.
- Gas Discharge Arrestors: These surge protectors utilize gas-filled tubes that become conductive when the voltage exceeds a certain threshold. The excess voltage is then safely redirected to the ground, protecting connected devices from damage.
Our Albuquerque surge protection team can help you find the perfect surge protectors for your home. Contact us today to request a free estimate!
We got a new mini split replacing our old one that was completely out of code.Nikita G.
TruFlo Air LLC has been a super company to work with! FGary M.
Send us a message or give us a call to see how we can help.
Why Invest in Surge Protection?
- Protect Valuable Electronics: Power surges can cause significant damage to sensitive electronic devices such as computers, televisions, gaming consoles, and home theater systems. Surge protectors help prevent this damage, safeguarding your valuable investments.
- Prevent Data Loss: A power surge can cause computers and other data storage devices to fail, potentially resulting in the loss of crucial information. Surge protection helps ensure the safety of your data by shielding your devices from voltage spikes.
- Extend the Lifespan of Appliances: Power surges can shorten the life of appliances like refrigerators, washing machines, and air conditioners. Surge protectors help maintain the efficiency and longevity of these appliances by preventing damage from voltage fluctuations.
- Reduce Repair and Replacement Costs: Damaged electronics and appliances can be expensive to repair or replace. Investing in surge protection can save you money in the long run by minimizing the risk of damage due to power surges.
- Enhance Safety: Power surges can pose a risk of electrical fires or electrocution if not adequately managed. Surge protectors help reduce these risks, contributing to the overall safety of your home or workplace.
- Improve System Performance: Some surge protectors also include noise filtering features that help eliminate electromagnetic interference (EMI) and radio frequency interference (RFI), leading to improved performance and stability of connected devices.
Do Surge Protectors Ever Need to Be Replaced?
Surge protectors play a crucial role in safeguarding your electronic devices and electrical systems from power surges. Over time, however, these devices can lose their effectiveness due to factors such as reaching their joule limits, aging, or experiencing wear and tear. It's generally recommended to replace surge protectors every 3-5 years, or sooner if you notice signs of damage or experience frequent power surges.
To ensure the continued safety and protection of your electronics, regularly inspect your surge protectors for any visible signs of wear or damage and pay attention to indicator lights that signal the device's effectiveness. After a significant power surge, like a lightning strike, consider replacing your surge protector even if there are no visible signs of damage. Consult a licensed electrician if you're unsure about the effectiveness of your current surge protection devices and proactively replace them as needed to maintain optimal protection.
Whether you’re installing brand-new surge protection measures or replacing old ones, TruFlo Air LLC is here to help. Contact our Albuquerque surge protection team online today to get started!